Followers

Saturday, November 11, 2017

The Story

After about 30 days we sold the house I have lived in for over 30 years.  I began packing the hobby collection over six months before we put the house up for sale.  Ten years ago, I transitioned the collection from mostly cardboard boxes to all plastic boxes.

I got over 300 plastic underbed storage boxes.  I got over 100 other specialty plastic boxes, some quite large.  The GI Joe vehicles take very large boxes.  I moved from cardboard to plastic because I had issues with cardboard storage.

My water heater broke and flooded out a number of boxes that simple disintegrated.  The cardboard were not well sealed and so they had a lot of insects and spiders inside them.  The spiders included the poisonous black widow.  The spider waste was difficult to remove from the models.  Moving to plastic, while expensive, was cheaper in the long run since the plastic boxes lasted longer and did not have the other issues of cardboard.

No comments: