Followers

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Spacemen


About a decade ago I saw someone on the Web did a project of 1950's style spacemen.


They took a map pin, a pin with a round ball at the head, and put it into a 1/72nd scale plastic figure.


The map pin functioned as the space helmet in place of the original head.


Since that time I have been working to gather figures, and map pins.


Cut off heads, and drill out a hole down the body.


Then I inserted the map pins to make the heads.


I also cast up fuel tanks and glued them on the backs of the figures as air tanks.  I glued small pieces of looped wire, used in jewellery making, as a radio antenna.  There is still more to do, but I have decided on the space suit color for each group of spacemen.  Hopefully the project won't take another ten years.

No comments: