Followers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Stock Up

Sometimes bad things happen to me.  I have lost my job.  I have had various disasters happen.  Sometimes bad things happen to other people.  They have a fire, or there is an earthquake.  I think we should prepare for disasters, including with our hobby.

I maintain a two year supply of glue, paint, knife blades, razor saws, paintbrushes and all the other expendable items that get used when doing hobby stuff.  Imagine you had lots of time on your hands, certainly you would want to work on your hobby.  So it's a good idea to keep a reserve of hobby essentials to allow you to work on the models or the collection.

In times of plenty, stock up on hobby stuff.  In times of scarcity, you can use things up a bit.  Building models is a fairly cheap hobby, and if you have all your supplies lined up for a year or more of work, you can keep going even when things are going well.  It really keeps up morale and provides safe, and inexpensive entertainment to keep your mind engaged.

4 comments:

Tim Gow said...

Sorry to hear your news. You are quite right about stocking up - this daft hobby of ours has helped me through some difficult times over the years. So keep posting stuff, because we're still out here reading it!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I have kept posting Tim, I lost my job 18 months ago. I have been laid off 4 times in 7 years! Thanks for reading.
Bunkermeister

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks for continuing posting Mike
I hope things are turning for the better
Best Wishes

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Geordie, I will try to keep posting as long as I can.
Bunkermeister