Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room


These tiki heads were first painted with a white primer.


Then I used a variety of wood stains to make the basic color.


The tiki heads were then painted individually in a variety of colors.


I tried to use basic, primary colors that primitive people might have available to them.


Much of the face is left in the bare wood color, it decreases painting time and is typical of the real thing.


I choose not to weather them, but heavy weathering and fading would be normal after a few years outside on a small island.


The tops got various patterns, typical of bold shapes used by native peoples.


While each head was actually molded the same, the paint jobs were very different.


I did this one for those Indiana Jones vs. the Ahnenerbe scenarios.


I figured the tiki with this marking would be especially interesting for the bad guys to try and steal.

No comments: