Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mini Sub Painted

The Unicraft minisub with a over all paint job of panzer gray.

Paint is from Tamiya. One quick coat of Testers primer gray spray paint followed by the panzer gray.


Naturally, the dome is clear so the operator can see the undersea cables that need cutting.


Over all it turned out to be a pretty good looking model. I will eventually post a few with the decals that I applied. Just a cross and a number on each side. A difficult kit, but a very interesting subject in 1/72nd scale. Something besides my Revell uboats to prowl the seas.


2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Bunkermeister:
You did a very nice job with a problematic kit...

I tried out the TAMIYA paints on my "mossie", and I really like the finsh with them.
(I did decide to go w/ a NF Mk II version...guess the subhunter will have to wait a spell)

I'm wondering what the max depth of that minisub is?

I figure it's got to get fairly close to land to cut those cables.

Again, a nicely done model.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I think the sub had a rather deep diving ability, one of the other missions was to rescue sub crews in subs that sank. Most likely in training or shakedown exercises.