Followers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

GyroCopter Construction


I used more rubber bands to hold the fuselages together. I used the clear Testors Window Maker glue to fill in some of the window gaps.





The Window Maker fills gaps and dries clear. It makes great windows. The Regular glue is great for joining plastic parts, it is easy to apply in small areas.




Once I pieced together the landing gear, I used a couple of the paint bottles to hold the model off the table and allow the legs to dry without touching. I actually used the glue almost as a contact cement. Apply glue to both parts and wait a moment while the plastic softens before joining the parts.





This makes up a pretty good model, but the real aircraft is kind of goofy looking.


2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Bunkermesiter:
Now, all you have to do is find a figure of Hanna Reitsch to pilot it...LOL.

I mean, she DID flight-test everything before production runs...

Just saying.
Looking good there, Boss.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Well, I am working on the Battle for Berlin, so I am sure I will have one eventually. She did fly into the city only a couple days before the end.