Followers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Paint Brushes

Brushes are an important part of the hobby and I use a bunch of different ones. I have big fluffy make up brushes that my wife gets. She does not use them all, they come in sets of make up, and so I appropriate them and use them to dust off models. They are very soft and fluffy and generally won't knock off fragile parts.

I use ultra cheapo brushes that I get at dollar stores. I use them to apply glue, and sometimes to do harsh paint jobs. Some camouflages require that I really press down of the brush and rather than ruin a good one, I will use a crappy brush that I can just toss out. I have found them for as little as a dozen for a dollar. I like the nylon ones because nylon cheap brushes don't shed. In fact, the last time I got cheap brushes, I went to a teacher supply shop and got a big box for only a few dollars. About eight cents each!

Dollar stores also sell regular paint brushes, that you might use to paint a house. I always keep a few of those handy too. Some projects require large areas, usually terrain, to be painted and they work well. Again, they are cheap enough you can just toss them out when you are done.

No comments: