Followers

Friday, May 1, 2009

Caesar Germans



Caesar have done so many WWII German sets I have actually lost count on the number. I will say this may be the best one. While I am a late war guy and these are early war, I am very impressed.


These are the different poses found in this set. There are only 37 figures in the set, but they are all good.

As is typical for Caesar, there is no sprue, just a little nub on the base. I have removed the nub, but not cleaned up the base. The set has two different types of submachine gunner. They usual MP38 is joined by the more unique MP28. The older machine gun was used all during the war, but naturally more common at the beginning.



This figure standing at attention is highly detailed. It is hard to believe how much detail Caesar can get on these one inch tall soldiers.


A front view of the two submachine gunners. Both are excellent figures and the one on the right is a particularly aggressive pose. Good job Caesar. More on these guys later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the soldier at attention is nice!

I sworn off buying any more WW2 Germans (out of some crazy 'what about the other army's?' principal) but this pose has me changing my mind.

greg said...

Very interesting Mr. Bunkermeister, thank you very much for the pics. Have you some pics of the new modern french troops or the new militia?

Jim. said...

Both the MP-28 and ZB lite machine would probably be foun thruout the war in non-frontline units, e.g., a battalion on anti-partisan duty in the Balkans might have them. The MP-28 is fairly heavy, so its recoilis quite manageable on rock and roll.
Jim.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I have not yet purchased the Milita or French/ Chinese set. I hope to do so on Sunday and post pics soon afterwards. My local hobby shop sold out in only four days!