Followers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Modern Troops


The same dollar store that had the cavemen also had other soldiers too. These are somewhat generic modern infantry. They come in several poses and use an M16 type weapon.

The set comes in a green box that looks a bit like a fort, barbed wire and palm trees. The barbed wire looks dangerous!



Naturally, I could not resist putting a few of the dinosaurs from the caveman set with the soldiers. I suppose a neighborhood full of small dinosaurs would help to explain the nasty looking barbed wire.


The palm trees are kind of small, but I like them. They help to bulk up the forest.



The figures come in both green and tan, with all the poses in both colors. These figures fit nicely with 1/72nd scale troops and would be nice additions to any modern collection. I missed these when they were at the dollar stores and keep hoping they will come back some day.

4 comments:

Jim. said...

I suppose we could pick up a bag of these on the morrow.
Jim.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

That would be great! Only I don't think they sell them anymore.

Jim. said...

That's right. Get my hopes up, then stab me in the hand.
Jim.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I was trying to stab you in the back but you were patting yourself on the back, so your hand got hit.

Accident.