Followers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not All Persians Are Cats


I got a nice email from Mr. Tom Pedall-Winterkamp. He sells a line of figures and is part owner of the line as well. They are 1/72 scale miniatures he describes as 'tin.' Soft metal figures are now being made in many new and even old materials and most are better than the old lead alloys we used to get. He says these figures are made by Alex who also works with Valdemar. I have seen the Valdemar figures both on line and at Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair and they are some of the finest little figures I have ever seen in my life. I don't own any because I don't collect medieval but I still recognize the excellent sculpting.

These guys in the picture were painted by Mr. Thomas Willers and depict ancient Persians. While I know just about nothing about ancient Persians, I do know my little army men, and these guys look great! The sculpting and casting are excellent and the paint job is wonderful. The two guys with the trumpets are different paint jobs and what a difference it makes in the figures. I have only seen this one photo of these guys, and I have never purchased from this company, but if I was interested in ancient Persians, I am sure I would be buying these guys right away.

If you are interested in these figures, contact Tom Pedall-Winterkamp at his website:
They look like good stuff to me.

No comments: