Followers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Projects In Progress




There are just tons of new figures out there ready to take my money. If this keeps up I am going to have to get a job! The new Italeri DAK although a bit of a disappointment in terms of being a little too big, I am still getting four boxes of them. Three mortars per set, and a total of four mortars, they will be my mortar company for my Esci / Airfix infantry battalion.



The Imex Mexican American War US Infantry are a very good set. I suspect we won't be getting artillery or cavalry so I plan on taking the Imex / Revell American Civil War cavalry and artillery and doing a few head swaps make my own. My plan is to get at least four of these sets for infantry and then a couple more to do the artillery and cavalry. Eventually I will probably get somewhere around a thousand infantry for a regiment and then about fifty cavalry and a dozen guns.
Caesar Miniatures are making sports figures. I want to get enough to field two baseball teams, two soccer teams and two basketball teams. I am about half way there. While I don't really care much about sports, I do know that wherever the American Army has gone for the last 100 years baseball has gone with them. I also know that soccer was played all over the world, including Nazi Germany, so those guys are needed for my Battle of Berlin game.
In addition to the new figures, I am converting old figures. I took the Strelets and Orion cossacks and started converting them into WWII German allies. I will post photos of them in a while when I get farther along.

No comments: