Followers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Storage for Forty Years





















I used to use underbed cardboard storage boxes to hold the Mike Collection. They have served long and faithfully for 40 years. Now it is time to upgrade. Cats have vomited and urinated on them, dust has fallen on them, spiders have killed millions of bugs in them and the last straw was a few months ago when I found mice had been in some of them.























The new boxes are made by Sterilite and are 41 quarts. I have been buying them at Target for months now and have gotten about 200 of them. Some of the cardboard boxes had wooden linings in them so I could double stack the inside. I am not double stacking the plastic boxes, I want them to be lighter so they are easier to handle.























My wargame table has shelves underneath and the boxes will be stored under there. I have many more boxes than the table will store so I have to get a storage shed for the remainder. This has been a large project but it should keep the collection safe for the next 40 years.

No comments: