Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alamo Model Photography






















I took these photos outdoors in the early afternoon. I used a flash. Make sure that model photos don't have unnatural shadows. Strange shadows and odd lighting make models look unrealistic.




















This is a photo through the front gate of the Alamo. I situated it so that the background was the opposite wall of the Alamo model, my yard and my back wall. The back wall to my yard is fenced by a block wall that looks like the Alamo walls. A good background is important in model photos, it makes the model look much more realistic.




















When photographing models, get down low to the ground, at the same level as the model. It gives a perspective that is realistic and not something that looks like a birds eye view.





















Adding people to the photo of terrain makes the scale more recognizable. Vehicles and buildings particularly need to have figures in the photo so that the viewer can determine how large or how small the item is in the photo. Model photos are a fun part of wargaming and model building and it only takes a few simple techniques to improve them from good to excellent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfect reference. I'm doing work as @Johnchief1 Hobbies in a Barn
Keep in touch.