Followers

Friday, May 30, 2008

Mo' Alamo
















More Imex Mexicans at the Alamo. The Mexican Army at the time was rather rank heavy and so I have included one box of Italeri French Command figures and about half of one set of the Odemars French Revolution figures. These are all the fancy commander types with big hats and fancy uniforms.
















My Mexican Army is about two thousand strong, and my intention is to be able to use them for all of the various battles of the Texes Revolution. There were a number of battles and the Mexican won most of them. But San Jacinto was won by the Texans and it pretty much decided the outcome of the war.
















I like to build full size units and I still need a few hundred infantry and some more supply troops. Imex will provide the majority of the supply figures from the Pilgrims set, the Pioneer set and accessories from both the Alamo Accessories and Battlefield Accessories sets.














I like having all the pots and pans, and blacksmiths with forges, and supply wagons. Here you can see some of the Imex supply burros that are part of their Alamo range. The Lewis and Clark set has some nice frontiersman types that will probably represent Davey Crockett's men. They also have some pack animals that will be a part of my Mexican Army.

The Alamo is probably the best covered battle for any battle I have tried to develop an army to wargame. Get the Osprey book for a good overview and then start buying some Imex figures. It is like playing Napoleonics, but in the New World with smaller armies.

No comments: