Followers

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Imex ROKs


I have been working on the Imex 1/72nd scale soft plastic ROK Army troops for the Korean War. This is another one of my favorite sets. All these troops can also be used for the American Army from about 1953 until about 1965. That is what I use them for in my collection. I got about two dozen boxes, and I mix them with my Imex Korean War, US Army set.



This fuzzy photo shows four of my favorite poses. Walkie talkie man, seated with map. Officer with binoculars, pointing. Man yelling with rifle on hip, and man with pistol advancing.

The set is a 'hard' soft plastic and is glueable. Several of the poses are multi-part, separate heads mostly. One figure, with a Thompson SMG has a separate leg.

This photo shows the entire set. All the prone figures have separate head that glue on nicely. There are only about ten figures that require glue, so construction is pretty quick. The set was nearly flash free.






The prone figure is quite well done, his separate head fits right along the sights. I always am disappointed when figures are not aiming, but just shooting. The Thompson SMG figure has a separate leg and he is in a good seated firing position. There are so many uses for these figures. My plans are:



  1. US Army for Korean War.

  2. US Army for the Cold War from 1953 to 1965.

  3. South Vietnamese Army from about 1963 to 1975.

  4. US Army vs space invaders for the 1950's.

  5. Various Third World US allies from about 1953 to 1990.

Now all I need are the Martians...

No comments: