Followers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Horses and Motorcycles






HaT / Armourfast makes several sets seen in these photos. German Horse Cavalry, German Military Police and German Motorcycles. All of the sets are soft plastic that accept regular model glue. They are easy to assemble and look great when done. The cavalry set is molded in a nice green plastic and includes extra heads. The motorcycles and military police are molded in gray and includes dismounted as well as mounted figures. I did not build any of them with the sidecar, but it is included in the motorcycle set.
My plan is to divide up the motorcycles and horses into the various infantry battalions that I have. They used horses as transportation and motorcycles as messengers all during WWII so this is a great trio of sets. I just can't get enough of them.
With the soft plastic they lend themselves to conversions, and I have already done a few head swaps. Since the cavalry come with extra heads I have swapped some headgear around on them. I have also done a few other conversions using those heads and other troops. The soft plastic glues very easily with regular model glue, I like it, here in the bunker.

No comments: